Here's the scenario: You hit the snooze button one too many times and "accidentally" turned your alarm off. Next thing you know you wake up, check the time and you have 15 minutes before you need to leave for work. After having a mini-panic attack, you need to get out of bed and get ready—quickly.
The key to getting ready on days like this is to minimize your morning routine. You want to make it appear like you didn't just roll out of bed—even if you did. Follow these tips and you'll look like you're ready to take on the world, no matter how flustered you really are:
1. Don't pick up your phone or you'll get sucked into checking your social media. There's no time for this!
2. Skip the shower—it can be a huge waste of time.
3. Wash your face quickly. It'll wake you up. Don't forget to moisturize!
4. Remember to brush your teeth and use deodorant. Those habits are important.
5. Since you don't have time to really do anything with your hair, use dry shampoo; it works wonders.
6. Try pulling your hair into a fancy sock-bun or any other easy hairstyle that looks like you spent hours on it.
7. Skip the makeup! If you must put some on, stick to the basics that will brighten your face. Try to use beauty products that have a dual purpose, such as a tinted moisturizer with SPF, so you get the most out of the little time you have!
8. Everyone has their go-to outfit that they know looks good. Put it on now. Don't waste time trying to find something else to wear. (Pro tip: dresses are easy, and can be dressed up or down.)
9. Choose your most comfy and basic pair of shoes in case you need to put a hustle in your step to make it to work on time.
10. Whatever you do, don't skip your coffee! You're going to need it to get through your day.