Ah, Saturday morning! Time to hit the "snooze" button on your alarm and sleep in, right? Wrong! Get up and start your day right with a run. We know we sound crazy, but kicking off your day with a good run not only energizes you but it also will keep you healthy. Here are 10 reasons you should forget about snoozing and get up and go for a run.
1. It improves your health: increasing bone mass, and strengthening your core.
2. It's free: no need to pay for a gym membership.
3. Running in the morning can lower your blood pressure.
4. Runners live longer.
5. It will make you happy. They don't call it "a runner's high" for nothing!
6. Show off your new workout clothes.
7. It can keep your mind sharp as you age.
8. You can enjoy the beautiful outdoors.
9. You get your workout done early, letting you enjoy the rest of the day without worrying about it later!
10. You burn calories, so you can eat extra nachos and not feel guilty.